Taffy makes a delicious treat, and everyone loves it especially kids. But it creates a lot of problems when it mixes it with carpet because carpet loses its charm. Since heat makes taffy gooier and sticker, so it’s important to keep it cold and work on it quickly to remove it before it spreads further. It’s hard for you to tell the kids to turn down taffy. It’s not a good idea to forcefully pull stuck candy out of your carpet as it can rip the carpet fibres up, and leave loose dangling threads.
Here are some steps to clean taffy from your carpet:
- The first thing you need to do is rub an ice cube over the area where taffy is stuck. If you are facing a problem because of water then using the Ziploc bag to place the ice cube can be helpful to you. It will easily chill the area without adding moisture to it. Chill it until the taffy hardens.
- With the help of dull knife or spoon, you need to scrape away the hardened
- Repeat this step till the taffy is removed, almost if not
- With the help of comb, you can pull the taffy out if your carpet is straight cut.
- Make sure you keep it thoroughly chilled and place the teeth of the comb under the taffy. You need to pull the comb upwards to pull the taffy to the surface.
- When the chunks of taffy are gone, then use a carpet cleaner to remove the leftover film.
- Take a soft cloth. Moisten it with some carpet cleaner and start blotting the stain with the moistened cloth. You need to blot till the stain is gone.
- Take a clean cloth and moistened it with plain water then rinse it by blotting.
- Allow the area to dry completely.
- Vacuum or comb over the area to restore the original texture if the fibres are stiff.
- You can trim the carpet fibres to remove it if the taffy is on the surface only.
- Using dry ice for chilling can make the taffy very brittle. You need to break it up with a spoon and remove it from the carpet with a dust buster. Exercise caution when using dry ice though, as allowing it to touch bare skin will result in injury.
- If you want you can rub peanut butter over the taffy as well. The oil in the peanut butter acts as a lubricant to help in removing the sticky goo.
Calling the professionals can sure help you to get the taffy out of your carpet without a doubt. The professional carpet cleaner can treat that area inefficient manner to remove the substance and follow up with a full-service carpet cleaning. This helps in restoring the beauty of the carpet and protecting its fibres while removing the stubborn taffy stains. Reliable carpet cleaning companies in Sydney have extensive experience and exclusive cleaning techniques along with advance resources that provide effective results.
For a clean and healthy home, you can contact Timothy or Call Sydney metro carpet cleaning on PH 1300660276. to get your mattresses and carpet professionally steam cleaned. We serves all the Sydney areas and offers 100% clean guarantee on our work.