When we talk about spilled coffee, time is the main thing. The sooner you can treat these spills the less are the chances there will be any stain left. However, there are times when we don’t or are not able to clean up a spill right away, and we are left with a mark as a reminder of our delay.
Here are some cleaning options to get the stain gone and make your carpet back to normal
1. The sooner you can catch a coffee spill it will be better for the carpet. If the spill is fresh, you should start with the blotting the area to absorb as much as possible. It will be the best if you work outside of the spill towards the middle to avoid spreading the stain.
2. Spray some plain water and blot with a clean cloth.
3. Until much or all of the coffee is removed, you need to repeat the steps. If treated immediately, it can often be removed without any staining.
4. If anyhow there is any stain left or you are not able to get the stain right away, you can continue with the following steps.
5. Apply a mild soap or detergent to the stained area and gently work it by rubbing the fibers between your fingers. Avoid pushing down as you rub because as this will push the stain further into the carpet.
6. Use water on the stained area and blot several times to rinse.
7. If still, you can notice the stain, apply foamy shaving cream to the stained area and rub it gently with a clean cloth.
8. Keep blotting to remove it and repeat as necessary.
9. Rinse the stained area by spraying with clean water and blotting with a clean cloth.
10. Make a paste with baking soda and water. It will have the consistency of toothpaste.
11. Spread the paste which you made on the stain and allow it to sit and dry.
12. When the paste is dry, use a vacuum on it and the stain should be gone.
13. If still anyhow, you can see the stain then make another paste by mixing 1 part of white vinegar with two parts of water and spraying it on the stained area.
14. Keep blotting with a new cloth to remove and repeat as necessary.
15. Use a clean water to rinse the area and blot it with a clean cloth.
16. When the stain is invincible, and the area has been rinsed thoroughly, lay a small stack of paper towels over the wet area and lay a heavy book on top for a couple of hours. This will draw out the last bit of water from the carpet fibers.
17. Allow that area to air dry completely.
18. Vacuum it at the end to restore the carpet’s texture.
If you are not able to get the desired results after following these steps then calling the professionals will help you in removing the coffee stains. They use latest equipment and technique to remove the stain from your carpet.
For a clean and healthy home, you can contact Timothy or Call Sydney metro carpet cleaning on PH 1300660276. to get your mattresses and carpet professionally steam cleaned. We serves all the Sydney areas and offers 100% clean guarantee on